We Are Planning for the Future
- Carrollton-Audubon Renaissance, Inc. (CARI) is a not-for-profit corporation, created to provide a planning vision — a “Renaissance Plan” — for the historic Carrollton and Audubon Park neighborhoods of New Orleans.
- A Renaissance Plan is a planning tool created by the City of New Orleans to enable neighborhoods and citizens to plan their own future.
- As described in the City Planning Commission’s Local Renaissance District Administration Policy, our Renaissance Plan will identify the policies, skills, and investment needed to create a sustainable, satisfying, and vibrant urban area.
- Through this City-sanctioned planning process, neighborhood residents, property owners, and other stakeholders will create a vision for our neighborhoods’ future using a comprehensive, consensus-based procedure.
- We will work with the City Council to adopt our neighborhood Plan and incorporate our Plan into the City’s own Master Plan.
- By preserving our existing architectural fabric and respecting the rich heritage of our area, the Renaissance Plan will unite the Carrollton-Audubon area. The Plan will focus on quality of life issues for citizens and guide future development and investment in our area.